A Tree Grows In Clerkenwell



HappyNewYear... a New Year’s Day wander... to Clerkenwell and my favourite London tree... the tree is finding its way toward the light despite difficult circumstances - a good metaphor as 2021 begins…

❤️🥾❤️🥾

In the picture just beyond this magnificent tree stood Clerkenwell Prison – or The House of Detention. Torn down in 1890, the vaults still exist, beneath what was the playground of the Hugh Myddleton School, now flats. They were once open to the public - I last visited back in 1994/5.

❤️🥾❤️🥾

The building on the left of the tree is a former ink factory - I worked here back in the early 1990s when it housed a P.R company. It was from here that I first explored historic London on foot - stumbling upon countless Dickens locations on my lunch hour rambles… it was in Clerkenwell that I first fell in love with London.


This blog features photos snapped with either a Canon 500D or an iPhone6 or an iPhone11 as I make my way Londoning around leading & researching my tours. I hope you enjoy them. If you'd like to book a London guided tour, just get in touch 


 Keep In Touch…
   








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turned Out Nice Again…

The Last Of The Christmas Cake

Support Your Local Pub…